GLUTEN FREE POKE BOWL VANCOUVER
In Hawaii you can find poke everywhere – social gatherings, lunch counters, food trucks, grocery stores, and even fine dining restaurants. Hawaiian cuisine, and poke in particular is a popular staple dish because it is simple and healthy and packed with delicious flavour all at the same time. Because of this, the popularity of poke has been spreading to the mainland and now it has become easy to seek out the exotic island flavours without needing to travel very far!
Poke, pronounced “poh-kay” originates from Hawaii, mixing fresh diced fish (the Hawaiian translation of poke means sliced fish!) with rice, vegetables and an array of toppings. Our menu is very similar to traditional poke bowls, which are made with different seafoods such as Ahi tuna, Sockeye salmon, Albacore tuna, and shrimp that are marinated and served with rice, mixed greens, vegetables, avocado, toppings like nori, green onion, seaweed and delicious sauces.
The Poke Guy offers clean and wholesome food that is packed with bold and traditional Hawaiian flavours. Although there are a lot of healthy ingredients in Hawaiian cuisine that offer excellent nutrients such as Omega-3 fats and other vitamins and minerals like iodine, we are aware of the growing population that cannot consume gluten.
For those who are avoiding gluten and are having a hard time finding a trustworthy gluten-free poke bowl restaurant in Vancouver, you have come to the right place. The Poke Guy is proud to be serving gluten free poke bowl in Vancouver !
We have been working hard to expand our menu to provide more gluten-free options and ingredients to help you create the gluten free poke bowl of your dreams. We have also distinguished the gluten-free items on our menu to make it easier for people who eat gluten-free when ordering their custom poke bowls.
Here is a breakdown of our gluten free ingredients that are offered in our custom poke bowls:
- The gluten-free bases that we offer are white and brown rice, cauliflower rice, organic greens and quinoa.
- The gluten-free sides that we offer are corn, cucumber, edamame, mango, pineapple, tomatoes, pickled ginger, and avocado.
- All of our garnishees are gluten-free, which include cilantro, green onions, jalapenos, radish and red onions.
- Our gluten-free proteins include tofu, Lomi Lomi, Sockeye, Ahi, Albacore, Atlantic Salmon, Spicy Salmon, ramen eggs, Spicy Scallops, Terimayo Shrimp, Spicy Tuna, Chicken Breast and Spicy Ahi Negitoro.
- Our gluten-free sauces include Wasabi Mayo, Spicy Mayo, Yuzu Mayo, Avocado Sauce, and Hulapeno Mayo.
- Our gluten-free crunch toppings include Arare, Nori, Sesame Seeds and Furikake Seasoning.
As you can see, we have a lot of gluten-free ingredients! With this many options you will definitely be able to make the best glute free poke bowl in Vancouver
The crew at The Poke Guy are knowledgeable about their gluten-free ingredients and are ready to create a personalized bowl that will send your taste buds to a vacation in Hawaii! Come on down to Robson Street and customize a gluten free poke bowl in Vancouver that is unique to you!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are gluten free poke bowls?
- A gluten-free poke bowl is a popular dish that originates from Hawaii. It typically consists of a base of rice or greens, topped with diced raw fish (such as tuna or salmon), vegetables, and various flavorful toppings and sauces.
- The key characteristic of a gluten-free poke bowl is that it is made without any ingredients containing gluten. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye.
- To ensure a poke bowl is gluten-free, it's important to use gluten-free soy sauce (tamari) and other gluten-free condiments for the sauces. Also, check that all the toppings and accompaniments used in the bowl are free from gluten-containing ingredients. Always double-check with the restaurant if you have specific dietary needs to ensure your poke bowl is prepared safely and without gluten.
- What ingredients are typically used in gluten free poke bowls?
- Typically, gluten-free poke bowls include ingredients like:
- Base: Rice (white or brown) or greens.
- Protein: Diced raw fish (e.g., tuna, salmon), cooked shrimp, tofu, or other seafood options.
- GF Toppings: Cucumbers, avocado, edamame, etc.
- Non GF Toppings: Wakame seaweed Salad, Imitation crab meat, Hawaiian Mac Salad
- GF sauce: Carrot Ginger, Yuzu Mayo, Wasabi Mayo, Spicy Mayo, Tamari (GF soy sauce)
- Non GF sauce: Ponsu, Sesame Mayo.
- GF Crispy Toppings: Nori Seaweed, sesame seed, Furikake, Arare
- The key is to ensure that all the ingredients and condiments used are gluten-free to maintain the dish's gluten-free status.
- Are all poke bowls gluten-free?
- No, however, we can make your poke bowl gluten-free on request.
- How do you ensure cross-contamination doesn't occur with gluten-containing ingredients?
- Our facility is not a gluten-free facility. We do take utmost care to avoid cross-contamination, but we do work with ingredients containing gluten on a regular basis.
- Are your sauces and dressings gluten free?
- The gluten-free status of sauces and dressings at The Poke Guy depends on specific ingredients. It's important to ask our restaurant staff or chef for clarification to ensure that the sauces and dressings used in your poke bowl are indeed gluten-free.
- Can I customize my gluten free poke bowl?
- You can customize your gluten free poke bowl with various toppings and gluten free sauces. Please do remember to mention to the restaurant staff your specific dietary restrictions.
- Do you offer gluten free options for toppings and add-ons?
- Are there any additional charges for gluten free poke bowls?
- No, we do not charge extra for your specific requirements. However, there may be a charge while building your own bowl and while choosing additional toppings for your poke bowl.
- How can I identify gluten free options on your menu?
- We do have gluten free poke and hot lunch plate options highlighted with a GF sign on our menu. GF stands for gluten free. For our poke bowl options, please speak with our restaurant staff before placing your order.
- Are there any specific dietary considerations I should be aware of when ordering gluten free poke bowls?
- Our facility is not a gluten free facility. We do work with flour and try our best to avoid cross contamination.
- Can I order gluten free poke bowls for takeout or delivery?
- Absolutely! Please do mention clearly in your order notes that you wish to order a gluten free poke bowl and choose your toppings accordingly.
- Are there any gluten free alternatives to soy sauce in your poke bowls?
- Yes, you may choose Carrot Ginger sauce. Other Mayo sauce is not soy free.
- Do you offer gluten free options for vegetarian or vegan poke bowls?